• 99.2% of US Covid deaths are unvaccinated patients
• New York unemployment rate 38% higher than average
• South Africa records highest daily cases
• Oakland Zoo begins vaccinating animals
• Ukraine approves J&J vaccine
• Dr Fauci has said 99.2% of recent Covid deaths in the US were unvaccinated patients .
• Indonesia's government has ordered producers to prioritise medical oxygen , amid a shortage of oxygen in a number of cities including Bandung, Surakarta, and Pamekasan. Hospitals say they have almost exhausted supplies, with one reporting that 63 patients died as a result of oxygen shortages.
• Indonesia is requiring foreign visitors to be fully vaccinated before entry , as one of its entry requirements .
• TfL advertising revenue across its network of tube stations, trains and buses was £50m in 2020 , down from £158.3m.
• A n Ipsos MORI survey of 997 UK adults conducted 18 -20 June found that: 5% thought the expected lifting of restrictions in England meant life would feel normal by the end of July ; 24% predicted a return to normality by the end of 2021 ; 49% said they expected it in 2022 or later ; and 15% said life would never return to normal.
• The Chinese city of Ruili, with a population of 210,000, has been locked down again , after the discovery of cases imported from neighbouring Myanmar.
• Luxembourg’s prime minister, Xavier Bettel, has been admitted to hospital with Covid -19.
• South Africa recorded more than 26,000 new cases on Saturday, its highest daily number.
• Oakland Zoo in northern California has administered an experimental vaccine to animals deemed at highest risk. The two -dose vaccine has been approved by USDA and distributed to nearly 70 zoos.
• In Australia, isolation orders related to a student nurse who worked across two Sydney hospitals while infectious has led to more than 500 staff at Royal North Shore hospital and more than 120 staff at Fairfield hospital isolating and unable to work.
• New York lost 2m jobs during the pandemic , and unemployment in May was 8.2%, above the pre -pandemic level and above the national average of 5.9%.
• Ukraine has approved the vaccine developed by Johnson & Johnson.
• The International Committee of the Red Cross has donated 2,500 body bags to Bangladesh and donated more than 70,000 PPE items. The lockdown, which is being enforced by the armed forces, will now last until at least 14 July.