We are committed to hiring only those individuals who can demonstrate a strong motivation to succeed coupled with intellect and extraordinary communication skills allied to an innate interest in the subject matter.
Our partnership model creates a collegiate environment in which all staff are committed to ensuring the long-term success of the business through a focus on exceptional service standards. Our clients always come first. We believe this has, and will continue to, set us apart from our competitors.
THE PEEL HUNT INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
A six-week programme that offers undergraduates the opportunity to work in the Peel Hunt Corporate Advisory and Broking team. Successful interns can be offered a permanant role on completion.
Our internship programme is for undergraduates and is usually undertaken during the penultimate year of study. As an intern, if you show real potential and demonstrate exceptional performance, you may be offered a full-time position.
We welcome applications from final year undergraduates and postgraduates, seeking students with an outstanding record of achievement and a demonstrable interest in the financial markets, regardless of degree discipline.
We have a range of open positions across the business and are happy to accept applications from talented, experienced professionals who have the desire to make a difference.
For all careers submit your CV and covering letter to
Head of Research Production
Our Research Department has the widest equity research coverage in our field across some twenty industry sectors with a pool of 37 sector-focussed Analysts. Research is produced on nearly 400 companies and the company was ranked No.1 in UK Mid & Small Cap Research in the 2018 Thompson Reuters Extel Survey.
The role of the Research Production Team is to work side by side with the Analysts to ensure their work is published in a timely fashion, is edited to a high standard, is on brand and reaches the right audiences, all while upholding the reputation of our Analysts and their deep knowledge of the sectors they cover. At Peel Hunt, the Research Production Team, unlike at many companies, sits amongst the Analysts to promote a more integrated approach. The Teams ability to communicate proactively across the department enables it to plan ahead and provide the best support possible.
We are looking for someone who has a clear interest in the broking business and will be interested in the success of the firm. This person will have previous experience in the Financial Services sector (Equity Research editing and production) and be able to demonstrate a proactive and collaborative approach to working.
- The main responsibility of this role is to lead a team of four to ensure research is published in a timely fashion, is edited to an excellent standard, and meets brand consistency.
- Managing the Research Production systems/software (Media Sterling and Single Track), liaising with suppliers to maintain relationships and leading future system upgrades.
- This person will be responsible for the supervising of four direct reports, with which comes the usual managerial responsibilities such as monitoring performance, absence, etc.
- Proactively liaise with other departments to assist where feasible, establish workflow and to maintain close relationships, particularly with the Compliance department.
- This person must have a solid grasp of Financial Services regulation and its application to Equity Research including the responsibilities of being a Permanent Insider.
- This role will also be responsible for managing the research side of IPOs, and thus need to have a thorough understanding of rules and regulations relative to IPOs.
- This person will lead ‘temperature checks’ across the Research Department, keeping on top of news flow, and other issues arising within the Analyst teams, to ensure the Research Production Team offers the best and most appropriate support.
- Editorial and production work as required.
The successful candidate will have the following competencies:
- Team Leader
- Confident and determined
- Ability to prioritise and determine workflow
- Ability to manage expectations
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Impeccable attention to detail
- This person must also be literate and numerate, with the ability to understand and review complex analysis
The successful candidate will have the following skills/knowledge:
- A solid understanding of regulation across the Financial Services sector, including that of MiFIDII.
- Good technology skills
- Previous experience using Media Sterling and Single Track would be preferable
- Five years’ experience (minimum) in a similar role
- Experience in Financial Services
- Experience in Equity Research editing and production
- Experience in managing direct reports
- Educated to degree level at a minimum is preferable
To apply for this role please email Careers@peelhunt.com
Analyst - Corporate
The Corporate department provides a full range of corporate advisory and broking services, whether this be guiding clients through transactions (such as raising capital or merging with another company) or providing market and sector intelligence.
The department is sector focused, operating across seven sector verticals (e.g. Consumer, Healthcare, Real Estate), aligning the Corporate department to leverage Research analysts’ knowledge and sector intelligence. Dedicated ECM Syndicate, Debt Advisory and IR teams support the sector teams.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
A successful candidate will be given ample opportunity to work with corporate clients, other advisers and also senior members of the firm, such that they will have significant opportunity to develop their career rapidly.
The role provides a successful candidate with constant exposure to the UK equity capital markets including corporate clients, other advisers and, where appropriate, institutional investors.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Assisting with the execution of transactions including IPO’s, secondary fundraisings and M&A and other related activities
- Preparing financial and valuation models for potential corporate client opportunities
- Drafting relevant corporate finance and related transactional documentation
- Preparing marketing presentations for current and potential corporate clients with appropriate research and data analytics
- Day-to-day liaison with corporate clients regarding stock market trends and developments
- Supporting other members of the team as necessary, with analysis, research and due diligence
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for candidates who are able, personable and hard-working. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate strong communication/ team working skills, have strong project management, modelling and analytical skills and be able to work autonomously.
Candidates are likely to be currently working in corporate finance / broking (mid-market investment bank/ corporate broker/ capital markets boutique) for at least a year or at a large accountancy firm for at least 3 years.
The successful candidate will have the following skill set and competencies:
- ACA qualified
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree or equivalent from a top University
- A keen interest in UK Capital Markets (exposure to Capital Markets preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong numerical, analytical and project management skills
- Demonstrable drive and determination – a self-starter
- Competitive nature, team player, inquisitive nature, demonstrable high achiever
To apply for this role please email Careers@peelhunt.com