We are committed to hiring only those individuals who can demonstrate a strong motivation to succeed coupled with intellect and extraordinary communication skills allied to an innate interest in the subject matter.
Our partnership model creates a collegiate environment in which all staff are committed to ensuring the long-term success of the business through a focus on exceptional service standards. Our clients always come first. We believe this has, and will continue to, set us apart from our competitors.
THE PEEL HUNT INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
A six-week programme that offers undergraduates the opportunity to work in the Peel Hunt Corporate Advisory and Broking team. Successful interns can be offered a permanant role on completion.
Our internship programme is for undergraduates and is usually undertaken during the penultimate year of study. As an intern, if you show real potential and demonstrate exceptional performance, you may be offered a full-time position.
We welcome applications from final year undergraduates and postgraduates, seeking students with an outstanding record of achievement and a demonstrable interest in the financial markets, regardless of degree discipline.
We have a range of open positions across the business and are happy to accept applications from talented, experienced professionals who have the desire to make a difference.
For all careers submit your CV and covering letter to
This a great opportunity to be a critical part of a major new initiative to improve information delivery at Peel Hunt. Our new Data Architect will help Peel Hunt reach its’ aspiration of enhancing decision making by improving our data assets, as well as the reporting that is based upon them.
Working as a part of the Information Technology department you will be designing and developing data solutions for a diverse and complex set of inter-related businesses. Initially you will work for our projects team as we work towards meeting business objectives for this new role. Once established you will set your own targets with guidance from the business and reporting to the Chief Technology Officer.
- You will be the designer and owner of the firm’s logical data model.You will work with technology and business users to unify a diverse set of systems in order that the firm can understand its clients, its people and its businesses better.
- Working with business users and technology you will be the custodian of the firm’s shared business glossary and high level documentation of the physical data model.
- With an eye for report design you will create high quality reporting templates that have a standard look-and-feel.
- You will work with senior managers, sales and support staff to help define what information they want to see and locate which data they need to use.
- Working with technology you will create easy to understand and efficient data products that business users can access and report developers can leverage for management reporting.
- You will help bring siloed data sources to a wider audience by designing data warehouse solutions and directing their implementation for a variety of third party systems.
- Working closely with business users and technology teams you will help plan the design, delivery and integration of data requirements for a number of in-house software solutions.
- In order to get the level of required data quality you will need you to help maintain and refine a set of data standards that the firm’s systems should adhere to.
- To support our standards you will help define and monitor data quality metrics to be able to understand and report on the firm’s data quality issues, as and when they arise.
- You will work with data owners to resolve quality issues both in the short and long term.
- Be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in written communications.
- Be able to facilitate discussions to help reach the right consensus.
- Be able to analyse and understand complex business and technical issues and design solutions for them.
- Be driven and self-motivated with the enthusiasm to make a difference.
- Be open-minded and objective about different ideas and opinions.
- Have a high attention to detail and an ability to quality check your own work.
- Confident and resolute when dealing with competing goals and constraints.
- Be accountable for the things you produce.
- Be calm under pressure.
- Be familiar with the user-experience of Management Information design.
- Have worked either as a Data Architect, or in a similar role, for 5 years or more.
- Essential experience in a leadership role.
- Experience of using and optimising SQL (5 years or more).
- Experience of designing and implementing a relational table structure.
- Understanding and familiarity of data diagramming tools.
- Experience of gathering requirements from a diverse set of users.
- Experience of working with a source control system (e.g. Git, Subversion, Perforce, etc.).
- Experience of working with a modern business intelligence toolset like Power BI.
- Experience with OLAP databases (SQL Server Analysis Services).
- Familiarity with confidentiality issues and data protection laws.
- Familiarity with other types of storage and retrieval (column stores, REST APIs, etc.) would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with scripting languages (like Python) or other data management tools would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Bachelor’s degree educated, with a strong academic record.
- Having an appreciation of Data Management Maturity Model (CMMI) would be advantageous.
To apply for this role please email email@example.com
IT Support Engineer – 1st line
A great opportunity has become available at Peel Hunt, for a 1st line IT Support Engineer to join the IT department. It is an excellent position for an aspiring engineer to kick-start their IT career within an established fast-growing company. The successful candidate will be flexible, enthusiastic and forward thinking with a genuine interest in IT.
As a 1st line IT engineer, you will be representing the team to all levels of seniority within the business as well as clients. Therefore, it is essential to have excellent communications skills that you can demonstrate confidently.
You will be expected to progress within the role as you gain exposure to a wide range of technologies. All the necessary tools will be provided for this, however, it will still require self-drive and determination.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Answering and handling telephone calls.
- Logging, categorising and prioritising tickets.
- Initial point of contact for all hardware and software issues.
- Managing the ticket queue.
- Ticket escalation where necessary.
- Provide both on-site and remote support.
- Desktop rollouts/deployments.
- Device management.
- Involvement with projects throughout the wider department.
- End to end ownership of incidents and requests.
- User management and administration. This includes active directory and Exchange.
- Desire to learn and progress.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Previous experience working in an IT support role.
- Knowledge of Windows desktop environments.
- Basic networking knowledge.
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange.
- Understanding of ITIL.
- Experience working in Financial Services.
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org