The website www.peelhunt.com (the “Website”) is owned and operated by Peel Hunt LLP (“us”, “our” and “we”) which is a limited liability partnership registered in the UK with registered number OC357088. Peel Hunt is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our registered office address is Moor House, 120 London Wall, London, EC2Y 5ET.
Qi-Interactive Ltd provides and hosts this Website for us. Qi-Interactive is registered with the UK Data Commissioner and holds all the personal information we collect on our behalf within the UK.
Information which we collect about you
We ask clients who register with us to provide us with personal information. The types of information collected are: name, address and email address, phone number, company and job title.
We may also request further information from users so that we may provide them with access to subscription or other services. The information we request enables us to provide and monitor on-going use of those services.
We use “cookies” and other types of tracking software in order to personalise your visit to our Website, customise our pages for you and enhance your experience by gaining a better understanding of your particular interests. A cookie is a message given to a web browser by a web server, which is then stored by the browser in a text file. Each time the browser requests a page from the server this message is sent back which enables the user to be identified.
We may use the information provided by cookies to recognise and track which parts of our Website you visit when you are using our Website, analyse trends and general usage patterns, optimise our site, administer the site, or for research and marketing purposes to help us better serve you. No information which personally identifies you will be collected through the cookies.
Our Website logs your IP address and other information about your computer for administrative and security reasons and to collate statistical (non-personal) information about the use of our Website.
What we do with your information
We use the information we collect from you:
• for everyday business purposes;
• to evaluate, analyse and improve our business;
• to assess trends and usage of this website;
• to review and analyse your use of our products and services; including account transaction, to help protect you from unauthorised use of your accounts;
• to help us better serve you and our clients;
• to bring other products and services of interest to your attention;
• where applicable, to verify your information with employers or other referees;
• to comply with relevant laws and regulations.
We may also collect and analyse information from other sources for the same purposes.
As our clients change the types and/or quantities of products and services they require, they may be asked to provide additional information in order to:
• establish identification;
• help protect from error and fraud;
• provide on-going services; and
• meet legal regulatory requirements.
If our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners who may then provide you with information on their products or services.
Who we may share the information with
We obtain client consent before we:
• offer clients other products and services;
• share information about clients with our service providers or offer it to parties outside Peel Hunt;
• disclose to other persons information about our clients unless we must disclose information for legal reasons. We may be required to release information by a court of law, or other legal or regulatory authorities or agencies. If so, our guideline is to release information only to the extent required and to ensure that the relevant governmental or regulatory agency has invoked the appropriate authority, forcing us to release information we have about the client.
However, we may collect, use or disclose information without client consent if we must:
• prepare a required risk management profile or must perform a necessary credit check; or
• disclose information in order to process client trades. For example, including but not limited to: disclosure to clearing agencies’ exchanges; our clearing brokers; clients’ “prime” brokers; or clearing agents or brokers used to execute.
By registering to use our site clients consent to their details being used by us and disclosed by us to the FCA if and when requested. Clients may withdraw their consent in writing at any time, provided no legal requirements exist to prevent this. However, if the clients do not consent to certain uses of information, or if they withdraw their consent (“opt out”), we may not be able to provide them a particular product or service.
Transfers outside the EEA
How you can request access to your information
In accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act, you may request the amendment of the personal information we hold. Clients may have access to their own account contact information (i.e. legal entity names and addresses, phone and fax numbers, email addresses, physical and trading addresses, contact names, etc.). Clients may check their account information for verifications, updates, corrections and to delete obsolete information. If you wish to obtain a copy of this information, update or correct your details or remove your personal data from our records, please contact us on email@example.com enclosing your postal details.
We recognise the need to ensure that personal information gathered via this Website remains secure. Our Website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information under our control. We protect our clients’ privacy by:
• keeping client information and the business they do with us in the strictest confidence;
• controlling how we obtain, use and give out account information about our clients;
• respecting our clients’ privacy when marketing our products and services; and
• taking steps to adhere to our obligations and to protect our clients’ rights under data protection laws.
We take steps to protect our client’s information from error, loss and unauthorised access. Members of staff with access to client information are aware of the measures inherent in maintaining confidentiality. Each staff member signs an agreement stating that they are aware of their duties and responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1998 and that maintaining confidentiality is a contractual condition of employment or membership. Peel Hunt staff are also required to adhere to strict internet privacy standards established by our senior management. Our technology department act to ensure security measures are in place to protect client information at all times; whether stored in data files or utilised by our staff. QI Interactive Ltd adheres to industry standards in relation to security measures for protecting personal and client details.
Retention of information
We will only hold the minimum personal information necessary and for the minimum amount of time. We will only keep any information on record for the time period specified by law.
Why not tell us what you think?
We are committed to ensuring a high quality of service to our clients. We welcome any comments or concerns about our privacy guidelines, and we are committed to working with you in achieving a successful resolution.
If you have any questions relating to this policy then please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Peel Hunt LLP, Moor House, 120 London Wall London EC2Y 5ET
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7418 8900