We are committed to hiring only those individuals who can demonstrate a strong motivation to succeed coupled with intellect and extraordinary communication skills allied to an innate interest in the subject matter.
Our partnership model creates a collegiate environment in which all staff are committed to ensuring the long-term success of the business through a focus on exceptional service standards. Our clients always come first. We believe this has, and will continue to, set us apart from our competitors.
THE PEEL HUNT INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
A six-week programme that offers undergraduates the opportunity to work in the Peel Hunt Corporate Advisory and Broking team. Successful interns can be offered a permanant role on completion.
Our internship programme is for undergraduates and is usually undertaken during the penultimate year of study. As an intern, if you show real potential and demonstrate exceptional performance, you may be offered a full-time position.
We welcome applications from final year undergraduates and postgraduates, seeking students with an outstanding record of achievement and a demonstrable interest in the financial markets, regardless of degree discipline.
We have a range of open positions across the business and are happy to accept applications from talented, experienced professionals who have the desire to make a difference.
For all careers submit your CV and covering letter to
Help Desk Manager
Peel Hunt are looking for a technically confident, experienced and flexible Help Desk Manager to join their systems team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the technical support team to provide excellent customer service and resolve all technical issues.
As Help Desk Manager, you should have a solid technical background combined with customer service experience. A problem-solving attitude with an ability to motivate your team to achieve specific goals are essential skills to perform well in this position.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure high quality technical support and increase client satisfaction.
This is a highly varied role, offering exposure to a wide range of technologies.
- Manage the help desk team and evaluate performance
- Ensure customer service is timely and accurate on a daily basis
- Recruit, train and support help desk representatives and technicians
- Set specific customer service standards
- Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints
- Establish best practices through the entire technical support process
- Follow up with customers to identify areas of improvement
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on help desk team’s productivity
- Provide customer feedback to the appropriate internal teams, like product developers
- Research and recommend infrastructure improvements
- Proven work experience as a Help desk manager
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent organizational skills with strong written and verbal communications
- Team management skills
- Commitment to quality and doing it right
- Excellent troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks to set deadlines
- 2.1 or above in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, Engineering or other related, numeric disciplines
- Linux (RedHat)
- Databases (SQL, Oracle)
- Virtualisation (VMware)
- NAS (NetApp)
- Backup/Restore (BackupExec, Veeam)
- Networking (Cisco, Bluecoat)
- VoIP (Cisco Call Manager)
- Mobility Solutions
- IT Security best practices
- Experience working in Financial Services
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Software Developer
Peel Hunt are currently looking for an enthusiastic software developer with good academic experience. A detailed knowledge of Java is essential, C# or python would be useful but we will consider developers with other skills who are keen to learn.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of 5 experienced developers who work on a variety of projects including; real-time equity trading systems, web sites and back office reporting tools. Technologies used include Java, C#, Python, Oracle, SQL Server, KDB, Django and Linux. Candidates should be keen to extend their development skills.
- Maintenance and enhancement of existing software solutions
- Working with business stake holders to understand requirements
- Development of new solutions
- First and second line support
- 2.1 or better degree in a technical discipline.
- Several years software development experience
- Significant expertise in server side Java
- Experience in C# or Python or some other Object Oriented language
- Experience with SQL databases (Oracle, MSSQL or Sybase)
- Be able to show some knowledge of distributed and multi-threaded systems.
- A working knowledge of Linux
Skills and Aptitude:
Good communication skills and be able to interact with users
To apply for this role please email Careers@peelhunt.com