We are committed to hiring only those individuals who can demonstrate a strong motivation to succeed coupled with intellect and extraordinary communication skills allied to an innate interest in the subject matter.
Our partnership model creates a collegiate environment in which all staff are committed to ensuring the long-term success of the business through a focus on exceptional service standards. Our clients always come first. We believe this has, and will continue to, set us apart from our competitors.
THE PEEL HUNT INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
A six-week programme that offers undergraduates the opportunity to work in the Peel Hunt Corporate Advisory and Broking team. Successful interns can be offered a permanant role on completion.
Our internship programme is for undergraduates and is usually undertaken during the penultimate year of study. As an intern, if you show real potential and demonstrate exceptional performance, you may be offered a full-time position.
We welcome applications from final year undergraduates and postgraduates, seeking students with an outstanding record of achievement and a demonstrable interest in the financial markets, regardless of degree discipline.
We have a range of open positions across the business and are happy to accept applications from talented, experienced professionals who have the desire to make a difference.
For all careers submit your CV and covering letter to
Senior Software Developer
Peel Hunt are currently looking for an enthusiastic software developer with good academics experience. A detailed knowledge of Java is essential, C# or python would be useful but we will consider developers with other skills who are keen to learn.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of 5 experienced developers who work on a variety of projects including; real-time equity trading systems, web sites and back office reporting tools. Technologies used include Java, C#, Python, Oracle, SQL Server, KDB, Django and Linux. Candidates should be keen to extend their development skills.
- Maintenance and enhancement of existing software solutions
- Working with business stake holders to understand requirements
- Development of new solutions
- First and second line support
- 2.1 or better degree in a technical discipline.
- Several years software development experience.
- Significant expertise in server side Java
- Experience in C# or Python or some other Object Oriented language
- Experience with SQL databases (Oracle, MSSQL or Sybase)
- Be able to show knowledge of distributed and multi-threaded systems.
- A working knowledge of Linux- Good communication skills and be able to interact with users
To apply for this role please email Careers@peelhunt.com